Friday, May 29, 2009

Sodom Had No Bible

MY PICK BOOK OF THE WEEK:

Written by evangelist Leonard Ravenhill in 1971, this book is as relevant today as when it was first published. Burning with a passion to see the church of Jesus Christ walk in the purity and power they are called to, Ravenhill issues a call to revival. A call to awaken from the stupor that has invaded most churches today. Churches who substitute programs and fluff for the teaching and preaching of the Word of God. Here is an excerpt from the introduction to SODOM HAD NO BIBLE.

"I offer it as my considered judgment that the main reason why we do not have heaven-born, Spirit-operated revival in our day is that WE ARE CONTENT TO LIVE WITHOUT IT. Lesser blessings make us happy. Another bus for Sunday School is all that some ask. A bigger attendance this year at Easter and Christmas elevates the joy of many promotion-geared churches. Other boast in a bigger offering for mission. But I warn you again that the devil and hell fear none of these paltry flesh-born goals. Revival alone shakes the devil's kingdom, breaks his power, robs him of eternal possessions, and releases his captives. Out of revival alone springs a vanguard of men who will eagerly hazard their lives for His dear sake. Revival alone inspires men to carry over sized lads without a murmur as did their Lord. Men who will blaze new trails where souls by the million now sit in darkness and the shadow of death."

I find myself convicted and yet strangely encouraged to break free of the status quo that is the church. To speak a little clearer the danger and consequences of rejecting salvation for the comfort of this world. We have become Esau and have traded the eternal birthright for the temporary bowl of stew that only feeds our fleshly appetite. Let revival come! Let it begin in my heart. Where ever the devil has done work or tried to plant a seed, come Lord Jesus and rip it out and let the Kingdom of God take root inside of me. Awaken me from my slumber to the sound of your voice calling, "Go out to the deeper water and let down your nets." Go out to the place where you have refused to go. Go and know God.

I never know who reads this blog. I urge you...........no! I appeal to you.......if you do not know this Jesus of whom I write. Stop reading and cry out to Him. "Come Lord Jesus and show me what to do. How do I get saved?"
Confess your sin...your independence from God. That desire you carry around to run and rule your own life. Where has this gotten you? Are you happy today? Are you satisfied and full of peace? No! Confess that you have tried to master your own life independent from God.

Receive God's forgiveness. IT isn't about what you feel. It is about what you believe by faith.
Scripture reads: "if we are faithful to confess our sins, He (God) is faithful and just to forgive us our sins."

Ask God to fill you with His Holy Spirit: This is like the ultimate compass that will begin to guide you and give you direction.

Get into His word (Bible) and find a good Bible teaching church. Go and connect with those who are there.

Talk to God: Religious folks call it "praying". It is you being honest and open with God. More than talking, learn to listen for God.

If you have done these things---find someone and tell them what has happened. "Hey man! You aren't going to believe this.....I got saved."

Now go out and live.
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...