Saturday, May 16, 2009

Stop And Rest

Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Mathew 11:28
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Saturday is a day of rest for me.
IT is one of the busiest day in my week also.
How can it be one in the same.........a day of work and a day of rest?
I rest in the middle of the preparation for the meeting tonight.
The Worship music has been prepared.
The Chapel has been set.
Prayers have been prayed (and continue to be) over our gathering tonight.
Yet, I spend the day trying to stay focused on God and the message.
Telling my mind to quit trying to drag me off into areas and thoughts that are not pertinent to the meeting tonight. Sometimes the outside world screams and pulls to draw my attention away from the work at hand. It is a battle.

It is all about resting in God and not moving or listening to those "voices" in your head that tell you different.
I spend the day surrounded by worship music.
I quote and read aloud a lot of Scripture.
I try to walk in peace and not allow myself to become distracted from the work at hand.

The passage in Isaiah reads that there is a refreshing, a renewal when we wait on God. The word "wait" is also translated "hope". Could it be that the two are tied together? Waiting and hoping. Not simply for hopes sake, but that our hope find direction and purpose in God. Let's flip the Isaiah verse around and read the "anti-Isaiah" verse.
Those who do not wait (or hope) on the Lord shall lose their strength. They shall stay grounded with out the ability to rise above their situations and circumstances. They shall run (without) purpose and grow weary in the process. They shall walk and eventually be physically, mentally and spiritually overcome to the point of fainting.

Sometimes we feel as though the best thing for us is to keep busy. Keep plugging away and that somehow our own efforts will punch through the wall and afford us access to new places. That, my friend, is the true definition of Insanity. Doing the same thing over and over (beating our heads on that wall) expecting each time to be different. You know something I've learned about that ol' wall? It doesn't care how many times you beat your head on it. your the one who suffers.

Find that place of rest today.
Enter into it and lay claim to your spot.
Don't allow the world to drag you back into the turmoil and confusion.
Rest and wait on God.

God on you............
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...