Thursday, May 21, 2009

To Do List

THINGS TO DO TODAY:

1.) Rejoice Always - Don't allow my circumstances or situations to dictate my response. Lift my vision higher and see the goodness of God all around me and in me.

2.)Pray without ceasing - Don't stop! Walk around in an attitude of prayer. Keep an ongoing conversation with God telling Him how you feel, what you see, answers you need as you pray. In others words.....speak, listen, act on what you hear.

3.) Give Thanks - I am to give thanks in everything, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus.
God's will? Yes....to live as one grateful and thankful. How can I be thankful when bad times come? My thankfulness is directed at the one who sustains me.........the giver of life, Jesus.

4.) Do not quench the Spirit - Always allow the Holy Spirit free reign in your life. The moment you begin to question what God is doing, that means you are the judge of whether you will accept or reject God's leading. Boy, I know this sounds so new age, but be one in the Spirit. Jesus did say something about "Denying ourselves."

5.) Do not despise prophecies - prophecies? this means "The truth of God". It may be present tense or future tense. Either one, Listen! If someone claims to have a word from God for you. Smile and say, "o.k." Let them give it and then hold that word loosely. IF it truly is a word from God, He will reveal it to you.

6.) Test all things: Hold fast what is good - Wow! I sometimes have what I refer to as "The baby bird" syndrome. I walk around and spiritually have my mouth open like a baby bird willingly accepting what ever is dropped into it. Can't live like this. I like the last part, hold fast what is good! Cling to it, take it into yourself, put it to use and don't let go. Don't trade it away for what the enemy is offering.

7.) Abstain from every form of evil - Notice it didn't say "abstain from evil" but everything that even looks evil.

There you have it!
My To Do List taken directly from I Thessalonians 5:16-22

Have a great day!
mb

2 comments:

RODRIGUEZ said...

I like that....simple...honest... to the point.....no gray area... just a good way to live. Thanks for sharing that.....

Greene Street Letters said...

Me Pleasure...

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...