Sunday, June 21, 2009

Beyond The Veil

I don't know that I am right in what I am about to write.
According to Scripture we know that there is a life beyond this life.
In order to understand it, we have come up with boundaries and concepts to help us understand and make sense of it all.
We know that death is the transport from this life to the next. We know that death allows one type of life to end while another begins.
We call it "passing over", as if to walk through a curtain or move from one room to another.
Our faith and our belief in Jesus has given us hope and trust that enables us to turn loose of those we love who have died.
We grieve for them because we remain on this side of the transformation.
We are locked here in our flesh with all our emotions and memories, while those who have died (if they are believers) are now in the presence of Jesus.
What we believe to be true, they now know as truth.

Psalm 116:15 reads: Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.
What an incredible thought.We grieve when a loved one dies, but God has a different reaction. He rejoices that another one of His children has entered His eternal presence. Death is not the end, but a new beginning.

I don't know that I will truly understand death until I taste it myself. It's not something I fear and at the same time, not something I am eager to experience. It is a fact of life here on this side of eternity. We are born ---we live our lives---we die. But the more I read in the Bible, the more comfort I take not only for myself, but for those I love. I realize that my humanness is the part that grieves when we loose someone we love but at the same time, the spirit inside me reassures me that this is only temporary separation.
At some point, I will be reunited with those I love who lived their lives for Jesus, He being their Lord and Savior.
What a comfort......
God on you
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...