Sunday, June 7, 2009

It Was A Good Day

What a wonderful day. God is and continues to be gracious in more ways than I can count. Yesterday we baptized 10 in the creek at Rapha. Families gathered on the banks to watch something they thought never could happen. They never thought they'd see their sons, fathers and husbands come to relationship with Jesus. I have been baptizing in that creek for 11 years now and I never tire of climbing down that bank to the water. I love standing in that water and looking into the faces of those men who make there way out to where we are. I love to see them when they are lowered under and then pulled up. There is always a release of emotion when they come up.
Yesterday was a first in my 11 years at Rapha. Part of our leadership in the church is made up of two former clients: Barry Hooks and John Arrington. Yesterday they assisted me in the baptisms. These two are living proof of what God can do, and it was only fitting that they help in the baptisms of these new converts. Like I said, it was a wonderful day.
Thank you, Lord!

mb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey mike awesome update it made my day. I will be back in Alabama next week and would love to come see you.

Jeremy Zwiernikowski

email me so i can get your schedule i have a couple addresses for you and am not sure which one your using.

Zman29301@hotmail.com

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...