Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Listen!

I Peter 5:5-6
Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility for "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble." Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.

We don't like to think of bad things happening to us.
We don't like to talk about situations that could cost us our lifestyle.
We want to think good thoughts and happy thoughts, yet I am surrounded on all sides by books and tapes and the voices of men I know hear God and they are all saying the same thing. We need to be prepared for a hard season that is approaching. I do not write these things as one who is fearful and I pray that you do not lapse into that place of fear. If you are saved, you are in the hands of the living God and He will sustain you no matter what.

I do not claim to be a prophet or a seer of the future, but it really doesn't take much to see that the behavior of our country as our leaders go from one self-centered decision to another is leading us down a road to where only God can save us. Is this coming season judgment from God? I think it may be.

What does God hope to accomplish if judgment does come to the United States? Does God simply want to see us suffer for our rejection of His Word? No. Humility is the goal of judgment. Humility to the people. To break the proud and presumptive heart of a stiff-necked people. We read in James Chapter 4 where if we bow before Christ, He will lift us up. God cannot heal a proud people...........he can only heal those who are broken.
I will be the first to tell you that I do not want to go through any judgment, but I am learning that God gives grace to those who do.
Grace---the empowering presence of God in my life that enables me to be who He created me to be and do what He has called me to do. No matter what the future holds, God's grace is sufficient. There isn't any darkness, any sin, any weapon, any plot or devise of man that can overcome the grace of God. That is what I cling to.

I think we are going to see a division in what we call "Christianity" between those who are truly following and listening and obeying God, and those who are simply playing at religion. I pray that my heart be found pure and on fire. I pray that I not embarrass my God. I pray that I do not stand before Jesus thumping my chest like Peter, proclaiming, "Never...I will never deny you, Lord." I pray that in humility I simply follow.

God on you.........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...