Saturday, June 20, 2009

Stopping To Rest

1:49 p.m.
Finally getting to stop for a rest. It has been wide open X 10 today.
Seems like every fire that I put out another popped up somewhere else.
There is a lot of spiritual stuff up in the air today as if to draw our attention away from the meeting tonight, or at least put us in a deep hole of emotional stuff to keep us from hearing God.
Now that I have a chance to sit down and catch my breath, I can feel God saying, "Keep the course, don't deviate one way or another."

Part of me, early today, wanted to simply deal with the stuff that was happening and then call off tonight's meeting and tell everyone to go to their dorm rooms and think about the day. That wasn't realistic to expect such behavior. God was showing me that at times, he does come and kind of clean house and uncover things that need uncovering so people can repent and move on with their lives. Today was such a day.

I will slip off my shoes and socks and let my feet rest on the carpet. I will wiggle my toes and stretch my legs and I will enjoy it because it is one of life's simple pleasures that God gives to me. Pleasures such as cool mornings.
Quiet times to reflect on Him.
Bright starry nights when the heavens seem to have come down close to the earth and you could almost stretch your hand out and take a star.
The sound of grand kids calling your name.
To feel my wife's hand on mind.
Her Baked Beans.
Seeing something new in John 3:16 just when I thought there wasn't anything else I could learn from it.
Hearing the 11 p.m. train blow his whistle each night as he passes through Attalla. It lets me know what time it is and also brings a comfort that goes deep inside me.
Making music with the people God has surrounded me with.
Cold Watermelon.
Seeing someone awaken and come to Christ for the first time.
Baptism in the creek.
Coming around the curve at Rapha and seeing that cross shining at night.
I could go on and on about the things that give me pleasure but I will stop so as not to bore you.
Just know that we should be about the business of living.
And living for Him.
Enjoy the little things and don't over look them.

God on you............
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...