Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday Evening 9:50 p.m.

My day is almost over. I have to go to Wal-mart and buy some dog food for the pooch.
It has been a good day and a day of discovery.
It started out this morning with study in II Chronicles 1 where I saw a different view of Solomon. Someone who wavered between serving God and serving himself. One moment Solomon would be all over God. "I want to build you a house. I want to worship you. I want this and I want that. I want wisdom to serve and rule YOUR people." God, who keeps His word, says, "O.k.!"
But then Solomon turns right around and begins to collect horses and chariots which is in direct violation of what we read in Deuteronomy 17. In this book and chapter, God warns about kings who collect horses and chariots and especially the ones who go to Egypt for help. Guess what? That is exactly where ol' Solomon went. He didn't remember too well for in the next part of the Deuteronomy chapter, God says the king should have a copy of the laws and the books of Moses and he should keep them next to his throne and read them daily. Strike 2 for Solomon.
I'm telling you this guy was headed for a fall and later on we see it happen. The kingdom splits into two factions who wage war against each other and to put it bluntly, it's all down hill after that.
Moral of the story?
Listen to God. Do what he says not what you think he said. Or better yet, don't substitute your plans using God's name to endorse them. It makes for bad politics and really lonely holiday's.

God on you..........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...