Thursday, July 30, 2009

Don't Be Afraid of the Rain/ Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark



The hard rain comes down....falling, swirling, noise on dry ground.I shelter myself from the whole not the part, as if by some cosmic chance I can hang on to the truth in my heart.The hard rain comes down......invading and touching my space.I long to feel the coolness of His truth, I long to simply see the outline of His face.
For He, the Holy Spirit, has come down to invade my space.
The Hard rain.

I am fallow ground, broken and ready to receive...To move on, carry over, cross near, and furthermore....just to leave.Leave the old lifestyle of sin and profane and that which blinds and binds..fall heavy on His mercy and the call that is birthed within His time.The Heavy rain...
The Hard rain....
Come, Lord Jesus, Come!

Joel 2:23-24

Be glad then, you children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God;for He has given you the former rain faithfully, and He will cause the rain to come down for you----The former rain.... and the latter rain in the first month.
The threshing floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...