Sunday, July 12, 2009

Home Again

It is good to be back home after our vacation.
The entire family was together for a week and I am recharged and ready to go.
I spent the entire week enjoying the company of my wife, children and grand children, blessing God for the good measure he has blessed us with.

My study this past week was in Jeremiah, and the one thing that has followed me was from Jeremiah 1:5 where God tells Jeremiah "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you."
Sometimes the simplest of words convey thoughts that are beyond human comprehension. The idea that God, creator of all, truly does know us, even from before we were formed is mind boggling.

I walk around here on this planet feeling alone and insecure wondering what the next event or situation is going bring, yet God (who I claim to believe in) knows all. He sees in advance and is not taken aback by any of it. Of course we get all mad and go off and pout when things don't go the way we want them to, but that is the beauty in all of this. God does love us and cares for us.
Case in point.
Saturday night when we arrived in Ft. Walton, we stopped by Publix Grocery to pick up some items before we went to our hotel. The car died. It wouldn't crank. It wouldn't turn over. The engine was dead. Me? I go into a funk. We had pretty much depleted our funds to go on this vacation and we didn't really need car repairs thrown into the mix. I managed to get the car towed to a local dealer who told me they would have it ready on Monday. Monday came and with it a phone call from the dealer. Seems as though when they were working on the van they discovered a problem with our transmission. Praise God! More trouble. Ahhh, but here is where God was looking out for us. If we had not had the battery trouble we did, we would not have known about the transmission until it was too late and we really would have had major malfunction. So God (some of you may not believe this) used the battery (he allowed it to happen) in order to reveal the real problem which was transmission. Some of you may be thinking God doesn't really have time for batteries and transmissions.........yes He does!

God knows me! He knows me so well that he allowed this battery to die there in the Publix parking lot rather than on the side of the road along Hwy 98 where there aren't any phones or means of getting in touch with someone (cell service is Kaput in this area). He knew that it was cheaper for the transmission problem to be fixed than to let it develop into a full blown torn up transmission that would have required a greater deal of money than we had with us. God is good.
What ever you are experiencing today, know....I mean really know. Wrap your mind around it and hang on to the fact that God knows you. He knows what you need. He knows what you can stand emotionally, physically and financially. He will bear you up and lift you through whatever you face today.

It's good to be home.
Come and visit THE GREENE STREET LETTERS anytime.
God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...