Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Labels

Sometime people may misunderstand my ramblings in the previous posting when I wrote down a series of labels to identify my theology. Trouble is I think the more you label, the more you pin people down into places that may seem static. In other words, you think you know them and what they stand for.

Take for instance my belief in a pre-trib rapture. I believe it. I believe there is Scripture to support it, but I also hold it very loose. Keith Green used to put it like this, "pray for pre but prepare for mid or post."

There are certain eternal truths that are not open for discussion by me or anyone else.
Virgin birth.
Death of Jesus.
Resurrection of Jesus.
Reconciliation / justification / sanctification / regeneration / not open to debate.

I have always tried to associate and surround myself with people who simply loved Jesus and were living for Him every day. They sought the council of the Holy Spirit in all they did and were tied to the lusts of this world. I really didn't think, well this one is a Calvinist or this one is a Pentecostal. I just saw Jesus in them and wanted to hang out thinking I might learn something.

God on you.........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...