Friday, July 31, 2009

Last Day Of July

Friday...July 31st.
The last day of the 7th month of the year of our Lord, Two-thousand and Nine.
We enter into the August with much anticipation of what the rest of the year holds.
We have managed to make it this far. It has been hard, but here we are still standing, still above ground and sober.

Today, I am sick.
Temperature. Congested. Didn't sleep last night.
I am staying home because I don't want to spread it to the other men at the camp.
I hate being sick.
I hate missing work.
I will pull the covers over my head and sleep the day away. That is what I do when I am sick. I go to bed and sleep. There is not doubt in my mind that when I get up tonight, I will feel better.
Say a prayer for me if you will.
Thanks.

Verse of the day:
Mark 14:28
But after I am raised from the dead, I will go ahead of you to Galilee and meet
you there.
Jesus says these words so matter of fact as though there isn't anything unusual about them. He references his death and resurrection with the same tone as someone who might say, "I've got to run by the store and pick up some milk and bread, I'll see you later at home." I think this behavior and attitude must have undone His disciples. There wasn't any fanfare in these words. There wasn't religious posturing. Jesus simply spoke the truth from His understanding of what He'd been called to do.
He didn't say, "Boy! I hope I'm raised from the dead," just a simple "after I am raised from the dead." He knew that He knew that He knew this was part of the plan and nothing or no one was going to be able to stop Him.
That is the Jesus I want to follow~

God on you, just for today....
MB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blog has been resurrected!!!

Greene Street Letters said...

Dude..this one has been cranking along. It seems as though I have grace for this one.
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...