Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Today

Joshua 3:5
And Joshua said to the people, "Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you.

Two time frames.
Today and tomorrow.
Do this particular thing TODAY......
Because the LORD is going to do something wonderful TOMORROW among you.
I need to take care of His business in my life today so that my tomorrow can be set to receive the wonders (his choice of what they are) tomorrow.

Sometimes I think so much about tomorrow or even yesterday that I don't prepare anything today. I fret and worry and wring my hands "Oh what shall I do?" and expend so much emotional energy on actions that do not profit me in any way. I need to center myself in God and Him in me and find out what it is I am to do today. What is it that God wants me to see or read and then transplant that to my heart where it will change my behavior and/ or attitude?
That is the discipline of the Kingdom of God.
To realize that when I get up first thing in the morning, my life has been set apart for God's purposes (sanctified) and that I need to be obedient as I walk and move through my day. If you get an opportunity, find yourself a copy of the biography of Rees Howell. He was so in love with Jesus and the call to follow that Rees Howell, some would say, took life to the extreme. He went as far as to pray about whether he should spend money for a stamp to mail a letter or should he wait. After reading the incredible life this man lead, who am I to judge him. The fruit of God was very much evident. Rees Howell believed in taking care of today so that tomorrow would be prepared to reveal to him the wonders of God, whether it be through Scripture or through interaction with someone else.

My prayer is that I truly understand and walk out the call to follow.
Pray for me!

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...