Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What Kind of Christian Are You?

I find it odd that my previous post had to do with labels that we give ourselves or that others attach to us, and yet here I am posting about.....you guessed it....labels.
If you could describe yourself in a non-religious way, how would you describe yourself and your attitude and behavior in your relationship with Jesus?

One group I particularly enjoy being around are what I call "ninja" followers of Jesus. They are always ready for spiritual warfare even though they may not look like it. They have the ability to move in and out of different circles of people in the body of Christ, enjoying the company but always looking and keeping watch on what the enemy is doing. "Ninja" followers of Jesus have allowed themselves to be trained by the Holy Spirit to not back down from spiritual warfare and the attacks by the enemy but, like David the shepherd boy in I Samuel 17:48, when the enemy drew near to attack, David ran toward the enemy to meet him. Ninja followers have a taste for blood (so to speak...don't write any emails saying that I have lost it or gone over to the dark side) and do not shrink from a fight when God gives them permission to engage the enemy.

I'm not a ninja follower. I want to be. I don't know if that is my role in this relationship I have or not. It may be something He (God) is growing me into. I don't shrink for attacks. I don't cower and bemoan my lot in life. Sometimes, the attacks by the devil and his bunch of cronies catches me off guard and I may fall back to regroup, but I don't cut and run. I think maybe God is looking for His people to develop a spiritual backbone and not cower in fear at the least little sign of resistance. Help me Lord......Teach me Lord.....

God on you....
mb

1 comment:

RODRIGUEZ said...

....I want to be a ninja....

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...