Saturday, August 1, 2009

August 1, 1998

11 years.
Today is the anniversary of when I moved into full time ministry. Prior to this, I was bi-vocational, working out of Mid-South Electronics and serving at Associate pastor for Gadsden Vineyard Church.

I remember how excited I was to leave Mid-South and pursue what I thought to be a higher calling. Oh, I had all these romantic notions and ideas about what was going to happen. Truth be known, I didn't have a clue. I remember that Jim Bentley and I spent all day getting my office up and running. Computer, desks, lamps, chairs, folders, file cabinets, moving in my books and Bibles. At the end of the day we both plopped down in chairs in my new office. Looking at each other, wondering, "what now?" Is this how it was going to be? A whole lot of waiting for someone to come by, maybe us going out to visit at the hospital. Well, it didn't take long for time to become a precious commodity. The days became full, as well as the nights, with appointments and sessions with people in need of counseling. Throw in sermons and messages and teachings and there wasn't a lot of free time left. God was good to grow me and stretch me during those first days. He continues to stretch me and show me things I had never considered. Each day is a new day with God, filled with endless possibilities.
I wonder what the next 11 years will hold?

God on you......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...