Friday, August 28, 2009

Gratitude


Overcast.
Cloudy.
Slow drizzle of rain.
Not enough to soak you but enough to let you know it's here.
Cool breeze.
Wanting to be inside.
My office is dark and comfortable.
My computer screen illuminates the room with images and info
that stretches far beyond where I am currently sitting.
Music.
Worship music recorded by friends, Rick and Beckie.
It's a different kind of music. Not commercial or something that causes you
to tap your feet.
It is music created on the spot.
Music sung straight from the heart and not the page.
Words that resonate with a "now" feeling.
Words that draw you into the music.
Some would call it prophetic worship.
I just call it communication.
From God to me.
Some men will leave the program today.
They will find out what they have learned.
They will discover what is truly inside themselves after seven weeks.
God created the world in 6 and rested on 7.
These leaving today have been present for 7 and now will find the truth on 8.
Father.....protect those leaving today and keep them from the evil one.
Let those words.......those thoughts that you planted deep inside
come forth and be a guide for these men.
Let them not be drawn away from the journey by others who seek to use them.
Let them not seek the easier, softer way but stay the path of righteousness
for your name sake.
I trust that the seed that was planted over these past 7 weeks is good seed.
That it will produce a harvest.
I may not see the harvest but I know that you will oversee these men.
Thank you....
Just for today.
Today....
With whatever problem may be lurking in the shadows.
With whatever situation that may rear it's ugly head.
I will seek you.
In everything.
I will seek you and your Kingdom.
In Jesus Name
Amen
God on you....
today...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...