Monday, August 24, 2009

The Greatest Gift

Vicki and I are approaching our 37th anniversary. Hard to believe that it's been 37 years since we said I do.
She is the greatest thing that happened to me. Not in the sense that I find fulfillment in her, God never intended us to find fulfillment in anyone other than him. Vicki brings a stability and completeness to me that aids me in finding God. She balances out our life together. After all these years I have found that we both bring strengths and weaknesses to the marriage. It is from this place that we find balance.
She still causes my heart to skip a beat when I see her.
She still is the love of my life.
She is everything God defined who woman and wife were to be.
She is strong and yet at the same time there is a fragility to her that reveals a side some never get to see.
She loves with a passion that is not selfish but continually gives away.
We, her family....her sons and daughters, grandchildren and husband are the recipient of this love.
She finds pleasure in the simplest of things. Cool mornings, a cup of hot coffee and the morning paper. Hugs from Tyler and Ashley. Holding hands and just taking a walk.
I love her in a way that is far beyond what I first felt back in 1972 when we married.
God has blessed us beyond measure.
So if you run into this lady............let it be known that her husband is crazy, head over heels in love with her.
Her laugh is unique and her smile is contagious.
I love you, Vicki
Michael

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...