Monday, August 10, 2009

Is It Monday Already?

It was a long and hard weekend for us.
Had to put our family dog down on Saturday. She got loose from our backyard and vanished. She showed up Saturday afternoon around 4:15 p.m. in my neighbor's yard and she was hurt bad. The injuries were more than we knew what to do with so we called the vet and met him at his office. He told us that Chance might have a better chance of surviving had she been younger, but due to being 13 years old, her age made it a sure bet that she would not survive. It was a hard decision but we opted to have her put to sleep rather than watch here suffer.
I held her and told her what a good dog she was, and she truly was that.
It didn't take long. Now she doesn't have to suffer any more.
I made the statement Saturday night at our service that I was glad Chance was in heaven. The guys all had this really weird look on their faces as if to say, "You don't believe that there are animals in heaven do you?" Well, yes they are. Haven't you ever read in Revelation where Jesus is going to return? Well He isn't coming back in a Kia Rio....He's coming back on a white horse. Last time I checked, horses were animals. "Well, Mike, I think white horses are a metaphor." Really? Prove it! I think they are animals. Nuff of that.

The meeting Saturday evening was really good.
Message was from Hebrews 12:1 about finishing the race.
Worship was passionate and the guys seem to be learning how to turn loose and worship in freedom.
This week is full of possibilities and problems and good things.
Let's see what happens and let's wait on God as the week unfolds.

God on you..........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...