Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday Morning Madness

Even though our calender says that today is the 2nd day of the new week, I always think of Monday as the first day.
First day back to work.
First day back in class.
Monday seems like the first day of the week.
The day of new beginnings.
We have a chance to make good on this week.
To do the things we should do.
To carry out the duties and call that God has placed on every believer.
A day of new beginnings.
What happened last week doesn't matter, in the sense that through repentance, confession and prayer........receiving God's forgiveness, we can stand here on Monday with a clean slate.

Psalm 5:8 reads:
Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me.
Tell me clearly what to do, and show me which way to turn.

We tend to forget that these words were written by a King............David to be exact.
Even as King, David sought the Lord for direction.
We tend to want to use God as our "get out of jail free" card. "Hey God! I'll take it from here, but you remain on standby in case I get in trouble, then you can bail me out." How wrong could we be?
Every move.....
Every decision....
Every goal...
Every destination should be the result of consultation with God and following his directive.
Now, let's not make this "hearing God" so difficult. We want this "hearing God" to be so mystical and beyond our reach that we have an excuse for not getting life right. Trouble is, God made it very clear when Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice and know me."
Learn to listen.
Then follow.
Go out and make Monday a great day.
Make it a "God" day.

God on you...........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...