Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Word Of The Cross

I Corinthians 1:18
For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

We saw the power of God and the word of the cross last night in our service.
I had a message prepared, but I threw it out because God wasn't really interested in hearing what I had to say. He had His own agenda. I tend to let Him take over since it is His meeting and His church.

We had two testimonies concerning God's intervention in the lives of people.
One of those who testified desperately needed a new car. Not necessarily a 2009 vehicle, but something more current than what they were driving. Their current vehicle was on its last legs and was only a matter of time before it would die on them. Not having good credit seemed to be the sticking point in buying a newer car. But God worked it out. Not only did He work it out, they were able to secure a good deal that would allow them to pay the car off in no time. The price was knocked down $3000.00 which made the care more than affordable. You Go God!

The next testimony came from a man whose son had come to see him during our last visitation. They approached me and asked if I would pray for the son. He had been diagnosed with cancer of the bladder and looked like he was going to have to go through a series of surgeries. We prayed for God's healing to take place. It did! The son went to his doctor for a check up before surgery was scheduled..........and they could find no sign of cancer. The doctor said it was a miracle. Praise God!!!!
Foolishness to some is the cross of Christ.
To us who are being saved, it is the power of God.

God on you......
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

I praise God with you! I love the testimonies! Thanks m.b.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...