Friday, September 11, 2009

Comforting Thoughts On A Friday


Weather man missed it again.
I'm use to it by now.
I hold everything he says very loosely.
Computer models and projections only confirm
the awesomeness of God and the futility of man.
My office, warmly lit by lamp gives me a window from which to
watch my corner of the world go by.
The Chapel with red metal roof.
Concrete Jesus stands guard outside the front door.
Pebbles line the walkway leading to this building.
What will it be this week?
A hospital for those who are spiritually as well as physically wounded?
A school where hungry hearts learn?
A military briefing room where men receive instruction concerning their enemy?
A living room where family gathers to sing/ worship / share/ serve?
That Chapel with the red metal roof becomes whatever God deems is necessary.
I only open the door and ask Him to show me what to do.
It's His building, just as this is His camp.
He invited me to come and play.
I accepted and each day I get to come back, I say, "Thank you, Lord."
Grateful for the opportunity to participate.
"Your Kingdom come....Your will be done...On earth as it is in heaven"
What powerful words!
They take on even more meaning when the one who is praying them
understands that God wants to accomplish this kingdom coming work
through them.
Father...........
Today for everyone out there who is bound by alcohol and drugs...
hear their cries and answer their prayers.
In your mercy, remember them and lead them to a place where they can
be helped as only You can help them.
Do not let the enemy pillage them or destroy them.
Break the bondage of the thoughts that come with the darkness.
The self-loathing, self-depreciating thoughts that draw mankind so far away
from the image you created us in.
Raise up an army of dead men and women who have been resurrected from the
grave of addiction.
Stand them on their feet and breathe into the them the divine
breath of new life.
In Jesus name
Amen!

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Keep up the good work mb! I'm behind on reading blogs.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...