Saturday, September 26, 2009

Enjoying The Day


Sometimes where I am is a dark place.
Other people's darkness floods and covers me.
I am grateful for God's peace and light and protection
against all the darkness.
Because it is so spiritually dark, God sometimes gives me a gift.
I refer to these simply as "a day to enjoy."
Today is such a day.
God desires us to be like little children.
Not childish, but child like.
To enjoy things simply because they are.
To enjoy everything about life.
The wonder of it.
The gift that comes with it.
The handiwork of our heavenly Father all around us.
To simply have "a day to enjoy."
It started last night.
I took my grandson to Gadsden City High School's homecoming game.
He wanted to go really bad but because his dad is a coach
there was no one to take him.
I did.
It was a present from God.
It rained.
We sat in the rain wearing our poncho's as this was an adventure.
We were doing something that normally we wouldn't do.
We were getting away with something that we normally wouldn't get away with.
That is the adventure.
We yelled when Gadsden scored.
We booed when the officials penalized Gadsden.
We ate pizza (although a little soggy from the rain)
We drank Mellow Yellow's
and we made a memory.
That was the enjoyable part.
A little something to catalog away in our minds.
Something we can pull up when times are hard.
A memory that will bring a smile to our face.
That is what last night was about.
I am at Rapha today and the rain continues.
It is a soft day, if you know what I mean.
Nothing pressing.
No deadlines.
I am here and .....I am here.
It is a present from God and I thank Him for it.
We will gather tonight in the chapel for our meeting.
Worship.
Share among ourselves stories from the past week of what God has done
to us and through us.
We will pray.
We will be the body of Christ.
It is an enjoyable day.

2 comments:

Brent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobby said...

I'm glad you were given that gift withyour grandson....God's goodness.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...