Tuesday, September 29, 2009


I see trees of green........
red roses too
I see em bloom.....
for me and for you
And I think to myself.... what a wonderful world.
I love to hear Louie Armstrong sing "What A Wonderful World."
The thought behind the words is that we need to look for the beauty
all around us.
Some would look for the beauty at the expense of remaining blind
to all the "ugly" in the world.
Some people can't see anything but the ugly.
There isn't anything beautiful to be seen in this world.
Some people refuse to see only the beauty and reject any knowledge of the "ugly"
part of creation.
To me, it is a mixture of both.
This morning I went out to get the newspaper.
5:15 a.m. / sky still dark.
And it was alive with stars.
The Temperature was in the low 50's, cool breeze
the sky was just ablaze with stars.
I stood at the edge of my yard looking up thinking to myself
"Man....God...you did good!"
Yet I knew that a few doors down from me
A mother and father was missing a child of theirs who was in prison.
The beauty lay above me and the ugly was less than 200 feet from
my front door.
I wonder how Jesus felt when he walked this earth.
He was seeing creation in a new way....from the human perspective.
I wonder what he thought as he was praying at night, looking up into the sky....
seeing the stars and the moon?
I wonder what he thought the first time he physically held a new born baby?
Or what was it that made him laugh?
Maybe something a child said or a game that was being played nearby.
I know that for all the hatred and ugliness in this world,
it will, at some point in the future,
be replaced by a government that will be unlike any other that has
ruled on this planet.
What government?
The Kingdom of God.
Then and only then will I be able to.....
"Think to myself....what a wonderful world!"
Maranatha, Lord Jesus!

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Thanks for that post. I have similar times with God as I go to the paper box at around 5:15 in the morning. I long for Jesus to bring his kingdom in all it's fullness to the earth.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...