Saturday, September 19, 2009

It Has Been A Good Week

Let's see....hmmmm.
Weather forecast for today? RAIN!
Followed by periods of........Rain....
Turning into RAIN by early morning,
and then tapering off in the afternoon with Rain.
Needless to say that this has been an unusual summer would be putting it mildly.
We seemed to have skipped the dog days and went straight to Autumn. No complaints from me. I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I am in my office here at Rapha.
The message is done for tonight's service.
The worship music has been selected and readied for the worship team.
The chapel has been set and readied for tonight.
I will finish this afternoon in prayer.
So many different needs all around us.
Sick family members who are in the hospital.
Jobs that have been lost due to the recession. Fear on these who are struggling to find work.
Legal issues waiting for some here in the program, like a wolf waiting for an innocent victim to walk by to devour.
Some who are homeless and haven't any family.
Some who are awaiting operations. They've already had so many that they have lost count.
Some who are just fearful of the future.
No matter what the situation, we need you God.
We simply need you, your presence and purity no matter what the outcome of our situation.
You become the greatest need in my life.
You become air that I need to breathe in order to survive.
Without you I am desperate.
Without you I am hopeless.
Without you I am lost.
It's great when God "fixes" everything.
Cleans up our mess.
Straightens up after us.
Pays for the damages.
That is where it's at, or is it?
God is not the "Butler" of the universe.
Dressed up in tie and tails ready at our disposal to come to our every beckon and whim.
I forget this from time to time.
When I do, it really reveals how shallow I am.
I do want to grow up before I grow older.

Hebrews 10:38 is a hard verse...
"The world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and in cave and holes in the ground."
The world was not worthy of them..........
These men and women had forsaken everything to follow Jesus. It is in that moment of rejecting the world and embracing Jesus, we find our true self worth. Not because of what we have done. Not because of who we are. But because of "whose" we are.
Oh that I learn this lesson.

God on you..........
mb

2 comments:

RODRIGUEZ said...

instead of Dog Days......Wet Dog Days.......

Bobby said...

I like to grow up too.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...