Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's Not Too Late


It's not too late....
Darkness hasn't engulfed us completely yet....
Nor do I think it will....
No matter how dark it may get....
The light and knowledge of God will be there to drive it back....
But I can't take this for granted....
I can't rest and not follow God....
I do not have that luxury....
For the most part, I don't believe if you truly are saved,
that you can sit back and do nothing...
That you simply quit listening for God...
You quit talking to God....
You quit studying His word....
You quit sharing your story about what He has done through you...
For someone to take up these behaviors, to me,
would signify someone who has given up on God.
Someone who was so selfish in their nature that they simply
used God (or so they thought) to get out of hell.
"I only want the minimum standard of God I need."
That means that we have set ourselves up as the "decider" of what is
and isn't acceptable in our lives.
I don't see much submission there.
I don't see much surrender there.
I don't see much God there.
The only reason I write such things as this,
is because God has me looking at myself continuously.
Looking to make sure that I am not hiding sin or
simply deceiving myself.
We are capable of that you know....
Deceiving ourselves.
That is why I take the words of King David seriously...
"Search me and see if there be any wicked way in me."
That is hard core.
To simply stand before God and ask Him, no! Give Him permission
to search your heart.
Search out the stuff that is buried deep inside.
Stuff that has been hidden by all the emotional and spiritual
junk we have piled on top.
Show me who I truly am that I may change.
Do you ever pray that God would convict you of things you might do that are
wrong?
Why do we stop praying for such after we are saved?
Is it that we truly believe we have arrived?
From what I read in the Word,
We don't ever arrive until we stand before the Lord!
Help me to see today, Father.
Help me to receive correction from You.
Help me to not run away from who you are changing me into.
Amen!

God on you......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...