Monday, September 7, 2009

My Apologies

Our phone line and Internet was down so I haven't been able to post here on Greene Street Letters.
It is labor day.
I'm at work.
What's wrong with this picture?
Most people get the day off on labor day.
I work.
Actually I don't mind. I would be here at Rapha anyway. I just can't seem to stay away.

Visitation this past weekend was a soggy one as it rained all day Saturday.
Couldn't find a place to stay dry so I just gave up and stayed in the rain.
Our service that night was really good.
We are turning more and more toward a night of praise and worship and testimony.
I see the men developing a hunger to worship and share. This is an encouragement to me.

Taught from John 10:1
Jesus says, 'Truly, truly (that is the Biblical equivalent of "pay attention...I'm going to say something really important".) the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber."
Those are pretty harsh words, especially in our world today.
We would (and sometime other do) label Jesus as not being very tolerant of other's views.
Jesus isn't politically correct.
He doesn't have to be P.C.------He's right.
He calls it when he says that you don't come into the family of God any other way except by him. He is the entry point as He was the one who paid the ultimate price for the sheep. He gave his life. He shed his blood to pay the price for sin. It was his blood that opened the door and allowed God to offer relationship to a fallen humanity. If anyone gets to determine the way or rules or what ever you want to call it......it is Jesus.

Here humanity is on planet earth all running around trying to be little "gods"....we make up the rules and define what is right and what is wrong. No problem with that if you are willing to stand by your decisions all the way to the end. At some point in time we will all stand before Jesus in judgment. Some for their very lives and those who are believers for the works they have done in Jesus name. Either way we will be tested and what we claimed to believe will be shown for what it is.

Just as in Matthew 16 where Jesus asked his disciples, " Who do you say I am?" that question is being sounded from eternity every day I arise. Who is Jesus to me? The answer I give is not measured in words or phrases but in my life lived. Every event, every decision, every direction I take is either testimony to or conviction against who Jesus truly is to me. Not in my brain, but in my heart. The place where motives and intents dwell that affect my decisions.

Who is Jesus to you today?
God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...