Thursday, September 24, 2009

Rainless....What's Up With This?


What is that shinning orb up in the sky?
It's so bright and hurts my eyes....
Oh yeah..
It's the sun.
Good to see it again and not have it hiding behind grey skies.
Breakfast with a friend this morning.
A friend who is in recovery.
I hate that term "in recovery"...
Why do I feel the need to identify him this way?
Why not refer to his journey (and mine as well) as "in life"
Isn't that what it truly is about?
Finding life.
We have spent vast sums of money and time not to mention energy
to find life.
All the time life is the very thing God grants us through the blood of Christ.
That blood that was shed over 2000 years ago on a hill outside of
Jerusalem.
Must be some kind of blood.
It was.
It was pure.
It was spotless.
It contained "zero" sin.
It paid a price that no one else could.
It paid once and for all
the debt that sin demands.
Death.
Jesus took my place.
Jesus died for me.
Then turned around and offered me freedom from the penalty of sin.
He died so I could live.
No I live so I can die.
Each day...my will...my want and desire is surrendered.
Why?
Because left unchecked, it ( my old sin nature) will seek to have its way.
SO I surrender the will or self to embrace and receive
what Jesus wants for me.
Sounds hard but it isn't.
It is a matter of listening as I move about my day.
Whenever decisions have to be made
I always ask, "What now?"
He answers.
Not always with an audible voice.
Sometimes a knowing inside.
Sometimes a leading inside.
I always follow the peace.
Which ever decision has peace on it...
that is from God.
The devil cannot counterfeit peace.
Remember that?
God is not the author of confusion.
Find God.
He's not lost.
He's waiting on you.
Call out to Him to save you.
He will.
God on you..........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...