Friday, September 18, 2009

See


Fix our eyes......
To focus.....
To locate and give attention too through vision.
As images are conveyed to the brain,
information is processed concerning what the subject was
In this case, the subject is the 2nd part of the Godhead.
Jesus...the Son of God.
The author and perfecter of our faith.
By seeing Him
We see ourselves
Everything we are not
He is
There is this "weighing" that goes on
as we stack up our character and deeds
against this Jesus we see.
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. ....R323"
Surely that doesn't imply that we are sinners?
Yes, it does.
Our very best efforts leave us short and expended.
Our very best thinking leaves us with no answers
to questions that plague us like flies.
"If I have sinned.........."
"That makes me a ............"
Yes.
A sinner.
This label defines my very nature.
It casts me into a category that is reserved
for all mankind.
No way out.
Save one.
The shed blood of Jesus that paid the ransom sin had on me.
Jesus paid it all.
All to Him I owe.
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow.
Bless your name, Jesus....
I am free
God on you, today....
mb
have a great weekend, I'll be back on Monday posting again on the Greene Street Letters.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...