Thursday, September 17, 2009

Take Me Lord!


Take Me Lord!
All not the part.....
Spirit, soul, body
intellect, will and heart.
Scrub me out completely
wash away the sin
Fill me with Your Spirit
and help me stand again.
Stand with purpose this time
not as in times past
when flesh fueled the engine
and nothing seemed to last.
When all was fed the darkness
filled with grief and fear....
never mind in my prayers...
I never felt you near.

But you were there...
You always were...
Standing and listening to each word.
You listened ever when there weren't any words...
Just groaning and pain so deep I didn't know what to say.
You listened.
You protected me.
It didn't seem like it,
but my perception of truth and reality
was skewered.
It has been a really good day. As a matter of fact, it has been a really good week. God has been dealing with me about my fleshly appetite and the necessity to bring it under control. I do not propose to speak for anyone else except myself, but my eating was out of control. I used food to deal with stress. Not good. Not healthy. God in his infinite love, has given me (for now) grace to seek out help and do the right thing with my appetite. Food was no different than drugs or alcohol in that it was almost addictive (over eating). How could I stand to teach about the reality of God and what He desires for others if my own life was being held hostage by an unhealthy appetite.
Be willing to open up and let God show you areas in your own life that you are holding on to. Areas that you know you need to let go of. He will give you grace when you surrender that area.
Pray for me as I will pray for you............
God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...