Tuesday, October 27, 2009

God Already Knew

How much does God know?
Everything?
Does He see it all?
The Future?
The Past?
Today?
I can only answer this by faith and say that I believe God does see all.
He was there before time began, so he must possess the capability of moving outside of time.
Even as I wrote that last sentence, my brain kind of froze in a twilight zone kind of moment.
"Capable of moving outside of time."

If you look at our country (the good ol' US of A) you see some trends and behaviors that are alarming. It reads almost verbatim with II Timothy 3 where it says, "In the last days there will be perilous times (stressful times). The chapter goes on to describe a list of character defects that will be brought to the surfaced and manifested in the lives of people who are not believers and followers of Jesus Christ.

If this is a prophetic word (which I believe it is) then it will come to pass. This will be the character du'jour for humanity.
I was lead to another passage that seems to describe the actions of our federal government.
I guess the main comfort I take from these verses is that God is not only in control, he is in charge. The verses are from ECCLESIASTES 10:18-19.
I am sharing from the Amplified Bible.

"Through indolence the rafters (of state affairs) decay and the roof sinks in, and through idleness of the hands, the house leaks. (Instead of repairing the breaches, the officials) make a feast for laughter, serve wine to cheer life, and (depend on tax money to answer for all of it.)"

If those verses don't read like our current state of political affairs in America then I've got purple spots on my face. The government has forgotten the supreme ruler of heaven and earth. They have forgotten the mandate that the government is of the people, by the people and for the people. We have a self-centered, self-serving, group who has set themselves up as little gods to oversee the affairs of those they deem incapable of governing themselves.

The most blasphemous part in all of this is the collective usurping and disregard for God and his authority. We have moved God out of every part of this country (almost), and I fear that we are reaping the seeds of destruction that have been planted years ago. Oh, the church can rise up and claim that God was kicked out of school with no more prayer. They can point to Roe vs. Wade and point to abortion. Maybe we should have been on our knees years ago crying out to God instead of holding pointless rallies and marches that do nothing but draw attention.
You want to change a nation, then change hearts. You don't legislate change....you bring change in by changing the hearts of the people. You share the message that has resonated through the years............Jesus and Him Crucified. His death and resurrection brings freedom.

The Bible always speaks of a remnant.
It is time for the remnant to pray.
I guess what I am saying is that it is time for me to pray.
Pray more than I have in the past.
Pray with purpose and passion.
Pray for the leaders of this nation, recognizing that they are the authority that God has placed over us, or allowed to be placed over us. No matter which, I need to be about the business of asking God for "His Kingdom to come, His will to be done, here on earth as it is in heaven."
It is time for that remnant to get a voice. Not one person but a collective voice that cries out for repentance.
Not popular.....
But it is the heart of God.

God on you......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...