Saturday, October 24, 2009

Me.....

I want to get "me" out of the way.
But "me" keeping trying to worm its way back into control of everything.
I even spend energy trying to deny "me" and press on with this pursuit of Jesus.
"me" keeps popping back up.
Oh if there was just some way I could kill "me".
Trade my "me" for Jesus' "me"
He (Jesus) does make the offer in Matthew 11...
"Come to "me"....
Maybe that is it.
The secret step.
The hidden destiny.
The keys to unlock the future.
The next plateau.
Trade "me's"
If I understand anything on this side of heaven
it's that when you do business with Jesus
you never trade down....
you always trade up...
Whatever you surrender to him,
he will replace with something
much better...
more complete...
than what you had.
Trade your old nature in
and see how much better the new nature is that
Jesus works into your life.
Truth be known......when I came to Jesus
I had to die.
All of "me".
I, me, mine....
all had to die and surrender to the work
of God's Holy Spirit.
Die to "me" and be resurrected to new life
in Christ.
The power of sin in "me"
and
The power of sin through "me"
was destroyed when I was born again.
The old "me" died.
The new "me" was created.
Created?
yes!
"If any man is in Christ, he is a new creation."
being this new creation
my "me" has to learn how to live in an entirely
different manner.
This is where direction and guidance
from the
Holy Spirit
comes into play.
I only follow Him.
Do what He tells me to
(yes! He does speak and instructs)
and follow where He says to go.
New "me"
New life
New way of dealing with the world.
Not bad....
this dog will hunt!!!
God on you.........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...