Saturday, November 14, 2009

Call it! Heads or Whatever!


Found myself having to make some hard decisions that I really didn't have answers to. Neither decision was bad, in and of itself, but neither was clear cut as being from God.
I'm kind of funny like that. I want to hear God on what to do before I make a decision or move forward with a project.
As my wife, Vicki, always says, "If He ain't talking.....I ain't walking."
This bit of council has served us both well over the years.
It kind of got me thinking as to many people make decisions based on their own ability or strength. Maybe they feel as though they are capable of handling most endeavors and don't need God. Maybe they feel God is too busy to fool with their problems, after all He is working on the middle East thing trying to bring peace. Why would God want to turn His attention from that to someone over here in Attalla, Alabama? Truth be known, God does want to answer us when we need direction.
Maybe I should just get over myself and realize that my need for God is greater than maybe I even realize. I dare not set myself up as the end all, know all, be all when it comes to God. The plans and directives of God do not involve us rolling dice, drawing of cards, karma, fate, luck, planets lining up or any other such foolishness.
It involves praying, crying out to God, waiting and listening and then and only when we have heard an answer, do we have permission to set out to carry through on what we have heard God say.
So, get rid of your lucky rabbits foot (how luck was the rabbit), your 4-leaf clover and your good luck socks or underwear. Seek God....listen....do.

God on you.........
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Are you saying God really speaks to people? I'm just joking, but it seems some Bible scholars think God wrote a book and no longer wants to speak to us today. How did they know they were called to preach anyway?

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...