Tuesday, November 17, 2009

St. Elmo's Fire

I downloaded a message from August 15th which includes a short "telling" by someone we affectionately refer to as "ELMO". Elmo is well, how shall I put this......Elmo is Elmo. What you see is what you get.
I won't go into his life but suffice it to say that he is living proof of the power of God to transform lives.
He currently heads up a Celebrate Recovery in Georgia as well as attending and working through several other Recovery programs around the area.
Quick to give Jesus the credit, Elmo tells it like it is.
I think this is the one thing that I am more appreciative of than any other. To be associated with a group where "brutal" honesty is the one thing that keeps everyone on track. People who are in recovery don't have time to play games or pretend or put up false fronts. Those type of behaviors have been the downfall in the past. So they are all about transparency and honesty in an effort to walk out their sobriety.

Enjoy Elmo's testimony to the goodness of God and the following message afterwards.
Michael Bynum
Rapha Ministry

You can hear the message in the player located at the top of this blog. Scroll down till you see "Elmo's Testimony" and then select it to play.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...