Monday, November 2, 2009

The Spirit


How is the Spirit to me?
He swells and crashes like a great wave
that o'erwhelms me and engulfs me
and lands me on sunny shores
Where I watch the Water of Life in effervescent splendor
rock my world with light shows most spectacular.
Fireworks!
Infinite sparks bursting ...
eternally swelling and increasing.
Like a grape so sweet, bursting with eternally increasing sweetness
in my mouth.
Water from a brook....going in
Impurities flowing out.
Made closer to perfect with each passing year...
Jesus
This poem was written by David Weaver.
David is currently doing an internship here at Rapha
and has compiled a number of his poems
in a book he has entitled
The Wind In The Treetops
I hope to post more of David's work here at Greene Street Letters.
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...