Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cloudy and Clear

Cloudy and clear?
I refer to the weather and the ability to hear God.
I'm not always good at hearing God. Sometimes, well most of the time, when God communicates with me, I perceive it to be very, very faint......almost a whisper.
I have woke up the past two mornings at 2:30 and 2:35.
Really wasn't anything pressing on my mind or any sense of urgency.
I simply got up, grabbed my journal and Bible and went to the living room.
My quiet time was very good as I found myself in Deuteronomy 29.
In this chapter, Moses is talking to the people as God is going to renew the Covenant between Himself and the people.

V.18
Make sure there is no man or woman, clan or tribe among you today whose heart turns away from the Lord our God to go and worship the gods of those nations. Make sure there is no root among you that produces such bitter poison.

The idea is that we need to stay in check and guard ourselves against influences from the world that will draw us away from God. Daily I hear stories that say, "I have been saved but I made this choice to do what I did." The desires of the flesh trumped the call of God and permission was given to the body to go and defile itself.

V.19
When such a person hears the words of this oath, he invokes a blessing on himself and therefore thinks, "I will be safe, even though I persist in going my own way." This will bring disaster on the watered land as well as the dry."

We are called to relationship with God not religion.
This relationship denies the flesh and seeks God first.
It is not a "Get out of Hell" card that you can use at the appropriate time.
Take time this Christmas season as we approach the end of the year, to review and look over the state of your relationship with God.
Are you playing at being a follower of Jesus?
Do you have real peace?
Do you have contentment?
I would ask myself, "Why don't I?"
Reflect on the greatest gift ever given.....

"For unto you this day is born in the city of David, a Savior who is Christ the Lord!"
This event may have taken place over 2000+ years ago, but the power of it is still here with us today, able to save the most vilest of sinners. As Corrie Ten Boom so aptly put it, "There is no hole that is so deep that God is not deeper still."
Search for Him today.


Merry Christmas!
mb

1 comment:

RODRIGUEZ said...

Great post, Michael! Thanks, Denise

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...