Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday Already?

Weekends seem to fly by.
Fighting the "crud" this past week so yesterday was a day for rest and sleep.
It wasn't pretty.
Unlike the poem The Night Before Christmas, Mom was not in her nightgown and I was not in my cap, but we had in fact settled down for a long winter's nap.
She was on the couch covered up and I was in my recliner asleep, waking up only long enough to check out the score of the ballgames.

Saturday night meeting was very good.
The worship came together and all of us seem to find it easy to enter into God's presence.
I am grateful for that because some times it is a struggle to kind of center yourself and focus on God.
I taught on The Forgotten Man-- referring to Joseph, Jesus' earthly father.
In Joseph we see all the attributes of not just a man, but a godly man.
One who sought the will of God even at the expense of his own reputation.
We see Joseph's entry into Scripture in Matthew 1:16 where it lists his name only in conjunction with "husband of Mary". The first mention of Joseph and it is tied to the fact that his major contribution is he is the husband of Mary. Yet, with all the focus on Mary and the Christ child, Joseph went about the business of providing everything they needed, never seeking the limelight for himself.
I would that I could be like Joseph.
I would that all men would be like Joseph.

Get into the story and read for yourself all the attributes that Josephs displayed during Jesus' early years.

Merry Christmas!
See you tomorrow
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...