Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My List



Today I am grateful for
7 year old grand son named Tyler
3 year old grand daughter named Ashley
Sons Chad and Joshua
Daughters in law Robin and Heather
my wonderful wife, Vicki
I am grateful for Rapha
For Steve and Marilyn and Susan Joy, leaving what they knew
to start a new adventure 12 years ago.
I have been the recipient and beneficiary of the struggle they went through
to be obedient to God to make Rapha a reality.
I am grateful for Bill who keeps the camp running.
With great wisdom and a heart for those who are hurting, Bill
meets everyone who comes to Rapha with words of encouragement.

I am grateful for Barry and Brendon
my buds and brothers.
The wisdom they share with me makes me a better man.
I am grateful for Debbie and Wayne for sharing their
musical ability and letting me play with them.
For all the worship that has gone up through our feeble efforts
to learn how to worship.
God is so patient with us...wrong chords, wrong notes, wrong words....
but hearts that were right cover all the human mistakes.
God likes it when we try.
I am grateful for my brother Wayne and his wife Sue.
They shared their home with me as I was growing up.
They showed me what real home was like.
I am grateful for my brothers heart and his desire to grow even more.
He is not content to be the man he is...
He desires that God continue to change him and make him into the man
God wants him to be.
I am grateful for Jim Bentley.
For meeting him in Mrs. Hicks 12th grade home room.
For the years we spent together searching for God.
"There has to be more to God than they are telling us"
this was our battle cry during our early years of chasing God.
I am grateful that God put the following men in my life
Keith Green
Leonard Ravenhill
A.W. Tozer
John Wimber
Randy Clark
George Creel
Don Gentry
Lewis Woods
Lewis Perry
Danny Daniels
Don Rakestraw
Nori Kelley
David Asbury
David and Brook Finlayson
Bobby Sparks
Chris Connor
Wayne Finley
John Wesley
Jonathan Edwards
And too many more to even mention.
Looking back on this...
I have been blessed beyond measure.
My life has been and continues to be full.
I pray that I can give away to others
what has been freely given to me.
God on you....
mb

2 comments:

David Finlayson said...

I'm grateful for my friend Michael as well.

Bobby said...

I appreciate your wisdom. And I'm grateful to God that he has allowed me to travel with you on my spiritual journey.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...