Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Did You See Jesus Today?

Cold tonight.
Makes me wonder who is sleeping out in it.
Searching for a warm place.
2 litre drink bottles filled with hot water from the Quick Shop,
stuffed inside a ratty coat to keep warm.

Seeking out surgical waiting rooms at local hospitals for a place to sleep.
After all, the attendants don't know who has family there are not.
Crashing on friends couches.
Sleeping in cars parked in deserted places, hoping and praying that no one bothers them tonight.
Some even desperate to get arrested just so they would have "3 hots and a cot"
Some find themselves in places like this because of bad choices they made in life.
Now is not the time to point fingers and say, "I told you so."
Now is the time to help.
Jesus spoke of this in Matthew 25.
"For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison and you visited me."
The righteous ones Jesus was talking to said, "When? When did we do those things?"
Jesus replied, "I assure you, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!"
Jesus takes it very personal when we act outside of our own selfish interest and motive to help someone who truly needs help.
When our motive is love for that individual...not the syrupy kind of love
the world offers.
The "agape" unconditional, God-love that comes only through
the work and direction of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer.
God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...