Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday---I Made It!

Friday for me is a really good day.
I am usually on standby to teach in case one of the volunter's can't make it.
I tell the staff that I always have "one in the chamber" so speak. A teaching I can fire off at a moments notice.

Actually what happens is that I have a few verses that are always held and as I began to teach and share, God usually takes me off in the direction he wants me to go.
One of the greatest gifts given to for coming here to Rapha is the ability to teach on the fly.

It began with my first class back in 1998.
I had been coming out and helping with worship, praying with the guys and just what ever was needed. Steve approached me about the posibility of teaching a class. When I asked what it was he wanted taught, Steve left it up to me. The thought came to me 'Why not teach a God-101 class'. Just the basics of who God was and the plan of salvation.
As I began to do this, I quickly learned that focus and direction could quickly change that would lead the class to other areas in s. I did not open myself up to being diverted but found that God would take us from scripture to scripture showing specific points. As the years passed and the classes I taught piled up, I developed a keener sense of hearing God during the teaching and simply following where He was taking me.


Sometimes the greatest teaching wasn't even a teaching.
God desired to come and touch the men with His Holy Spirit.
Why? What was the point?
I have come to the conclusion that it is like the scripture in Mark 10:13-- One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could touch them and bless them...

Did you catch that?
They came for no other reason than to simply have Jesus touch them.
Anytime God chooses to interact with his creation, it isn't about simply making us feel better, but in the "touch" we come to an awareness of how broken we truly are and see him as the only answer to any hope that may exist in us.

I have seen many who, when God's Spirit comes upon them, do become aware of their lot in life. That hell is the only destiny they have waiting out there in their future and that Jesus is the only answer, the only hope for salvation.
I pray that God would touch you today....
Right where you are....
And that in His touch you would discover the truth about yourself and the eternal truth about God.


God on you......
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Great stuff! Sounds like the work of both the Word and Spirit, being taught about God and being touched by him. I think I need to take that God 101 class.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...