Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I Don't Like It!"

Funny how people don't like God. Well, it isn't that they don't like God, it's that they don't like his rules or ways. They are all over the God of love.........in this, they concoct a "god" of their choosing. He loves everyone. He forgives everyone. Truth be known, he does forgive everyone. Ahh...but there is a caveat to this. He forgives everyone who turns from their sin (which by the way is carried out in a direct rebellious act against him) and confesses their need to be saved from the penalty of sin.

Then there are those who get angry and rail at God and say, "You are not fair!" To which I would say, "you're right. God is not fair." You see, I have played that fair card against him before. I told him during a particular hard time in my life, " Hey God! This isn't fair and you're not fair!" I received an answer really quick. The thought came to me swiftly, "You're right, it's not fair. If it was fair, you'd be in hell and I never would have had to send my son to die for you." Needless to say, I got it and I have never pulled that card out again.

Humans just can't seem to grasp why they don't get to call the shots in this G0d-t0-man relationship. Why can't all roads lead to God?" Why can't every religion be right? Well, I'm not the one to answer that. It all leads back to God.
Let's take a look at a passage from Acts 4:
"Neither is there salvation in any other, for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Did you catch that?
Salvation comes no other way than through Jesus Christ.

Instead of arguing about the exclusivity of the claims of Christ, we should be rejoicing and giving praise to God that there IS a way to have a restored relationship with him.
How petty man is to think that he can judge God and either condemn or acquit him on the basis of his interaction with humanity.
The pettiness of man stands on the seashore, looking to heaven while shaking a fist, all the while proclaiming, "I won't believe in God who is so narrow minded and claims to have only one way to approach him."

God help us all that we become broken in spirit and see with new eyes and fresh mind the folly of our own desires. To lay rules against what we will and will not accept from God is the ultimate folly. By doing this, we seal our own fate and destiny and give the devil a foothold into a heart that will soon be hard and cold.

We only have to look to one of the most quoted verses in scripture to see the heart of God. A heart which has not changed and will not change.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life."

God on you today as you discover more about yourself and your relationship with God.

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...