Monday, January 25, 2010

It Was A Good Weekend

Monday.
A new week. A new day. Another opportunity to grow in Christ Jesus.
What does that mean?
It means I get to face situations and circumstances (as well a other people) where I get to make choices according to what I have learned over the past weeks, months and even years. I get the opportunity to not live as I would choose, but to line up my choices with the Father heart of God and say, "What would you have me do?"

Saturday night was a really good night.
Worship time was powerful and at the same time, I saw many displays of men trying to follow where God was directing us. I saw men "try" things for the first time. Postures of worship. Praying and giving thanks to God. I saw men who stepped out in faith and said, "I will be foolish for you Lord!".
There was much brokenness and healing that came Saturday night.
We finished up the 4th teaching from Step #1 of the Twelve Steps.
For those who might not be familiar with the 12 steps, they are merely sign posts or a guide to help us open ourselves up to Jesus.

Step# 1 says, "We admitted that we were powerless over alcohol (drugs) and that our lives had become unmanageable."
To admit is more than simply saying that you have a problem.
It is a realization that you no longer are capable of living life on life's terms. What is the proof of such a statement? Look at your life. It is out of control and bad choice after bad choice has become compounded until you stand amidst the rubble and ruin of relationships, legal issues and financial ruin. Yet even in all of this, our minds tells us, "You can get out of this." That is the lie that we have fallen prey to. In and of my own strength, my own will and my own cunning, I can break free and not have to answer for any of it.

I have downloaded the sermon from Saturday night so feel free to listen to it or download it to your computer or mp3 player for later listening.
Thanks for stopping by Greene Street Letters and I pray that you find God today in your own life.

God on you...........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...