Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Middle Of The Week, The Road, The Ditch.

Being in the middle is not a bad place.
Here today, Wednesday, most people consider this to be the middle of the week because no one actually counts the weekend. Truth is, Thursday is the middle of the week. Wednesday just seems more neat for some reason.

The days have begun to fly by. We are almost half way through this first month. Christmas seems years ago and New Years Day has been relegated to the back burner. We are back into a normal schedule (if ever there was such a thing) here at Rapha. Classes, Afternoon recreation, night meetings. I function when there is familiarity or routine in my life. I can adapt to change, but it isn't my most favorite thing to do. Seems as though the older I get the more I struggle to maintain a "same-ness" in my life while everything around me changes.
My son's are in the "30's" now, pretty settled in their lives. That is change that is hard to grasp to me. That my sons are getting older............why that means..................I'm getting older. Yet in all of this change there is a comfort and a constant that I hold fast to.

Jesus Christ.......the same............yesterday, today and forever.
No matter how crazy things get, Jesus is the stability that I lean on to get through the day.
No matter what events upset the very fabric of my life, Jesus is the rock I stand on that gives the ability to face whatever comes.

Matthew 7:24 ---
"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock."

I like this verse.
On my part, I am to listen and not simply "hear" the words of Jesus. Notice that the action lies upon the one hearing. Weighing what you hear and understanding it to be real truth that can effect change into your life, you act on it. Putting what you have heard into practice. That means it becomes a part of your daily routine. Jesus likens such a person to be like a wise man who built his house upon THE rock. Not a rock. Not any rock. Not the prettiest rock. Not the biggest rock. But the only rock that is capable of being that foundation. A rock that has been tried and found to be worthy and capable of with standing whatever nature and the natural world can throw and hurl to bring the house down. Jesus! It's just Jesus. The person and power, the purity and presence has no match. It's just Jesus.

As Larry Norman put is so aptly back in the 70's......"Why don't you check into Jesus...He's got the answers."

God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...