Saturday, February 27, 2010

1.....2.......3......err.....1....2....!

Do the steps.
Steps are order.
Order is good, but I need to be open to change.
Change at a moments notice.
Steps help me direct myself in a particular direction whether it be decisions I have to make or actual chores I need to complete.

Today is a chore day.
Select music for worship tonight.
Transport sound equipment to chapel and set up.
Meet with different men through out the day .
Pray....
Pray some more....
When I finish praying...
Listen for God on His direction for the meeting tonight.
Try and center myself as the time for the meeting draws near.

My life is a series of steps. I'm not complaining about it. I thrive on order and direction. I am learning how to adapt when things happened that throw chaos into my order. I know that no matter what comes my way, God is in control and I need only to rely on Him. This past week has been a "chaos" type of week with different events being thrown into my order. Each one I encountered was an opportunity for me to rely solely on God and not fall prey to emotions or old behaviors. What seems like big things, actually aren't when I stop to pray and seek guidance. The things that I think are big.....they have been nothing more than life happening around me. Simple as that. Life happens. Cars tear up. Houses need repair. People get sick. Life happens, but in each instance I need to find God. He alone gives me the strength to carry on.

If you feel as though life may be getting out of control in your world, stop for a moment. Take a deep breath and ask God to be with you. Ask Him to give you peace so that you can make good decisions based on His leading and not your own emotional turmoil. You might be surprised what happens.

I'm excited.
Seth Barber is speaking at tonight's service. Seth always seems to bring a "right now" word for us that really speaks to our group. I have watched Seth grow over the years and truly love to sit under his teaching. Looking forward to tonight.
Until Monday morning....
God on you.......
mb

Verse of the Day:
Psalm 84:10
A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else! I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of God than live the good life in the homes of the wicked.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...