Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Cost

Isaiah 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray. We have turned every one to his own way, and the Lord has laid upon him the iniquity of us all.

I have found myself drawn to the song "Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing" over the past few days. There are certain phrases within the song that really strike me hard when I hear them.
Come Thou Fount of every blessing.....Tune my heart to sing thy praise.
Tune my heart. Make it resonate the way you created it to. The implication is that there is something out of tune or out of communion with Christ. Jesus alone has the power and capability to tune my heart. To make it "vibrate" at the appropriate pitch and tone that it was created to. When tuned, then let me sing the praises of Jesus. Not the world, not my own doings, not my own interest but Jesus, and him alone. Anything that God does for me is to bring him glory, not reflect on my stature or position.

On into the song there is a verse that really undoes me each time I hear it.
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love. Here's my heart, take and seal it. Seal it for thy courts above.
There is a drawing from my flesh to wander off from God. When I take my focus off of Jesus and place it on the world, it would be so easy to simply walk away from all that God has done through me, to me and for me. That is the part that I keep a watch on all the time. Yes, I have been given victory over the power of sin. Yes, I am saved and reconciled to God, my father, but there still wars within me a nature that would love nothing better than to return me to a state of wretchedness. Praise God for the work of Jesus and that his salvation is a complete salvation to me. That is why I find the gratitude to get up every morning and instead of following this wanderlust from my flesh, I bow before God and say, "Your will today, not mine."
He is a good and great God.
May you find him today...
God on you........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...