Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Deep Darkness Covers The Earth

There isn't any use in talking about how spiritually dark the world has become and is becoming.
We can talk against the darkness all day.
We can pray against it.
We can point to it and declare it defeated.
We can meet and collectively rail against the darkness
But the truth is, we see God's greatest miracles and presence during the worst times of our lives.
Now this doesn't mean that we all run out and make ourselves miserable and distant from God just so we can see Him work and move in our midst. How foolish would that be. What I find is that I have a tendency to pray for God to remove me during troubling times. Take me out and make the pain go away. Truth is I need to remain still and silent and wait and watch for God during these times. Should I never pray for God's removal of me from tribulations and terrible times? No! Pray! I should pray like never before. But I don't need to pray from my flesh, which only seeks to preserve itself. I should learn to pray from my spirit which seeks God's heart for whatever I am facing. A kind of "Not-my-will-but-yours-Lord" kind of outlook and prayers.

The greatest time for God's miracles are in the worst of times in our lives. Extreme and radical persecution are the times when God reveals himself to bring us through the darkness and into the light.
So what do I need to learn from all of this?

1.) God always honors and blesses those who honor him no matter what the situation or circumstance.
2.) Trying to break the darkness and tribulations in my own strength using carnal weapons is dangerous. Kind of taking the will of God and doing it in our own strength. In other words we supplant God and his will to carry out our own.
3.) God does hear and answer the prayers of His people.

Whatever you are going through today......
You are not alone.
Even though you feel as though everyone, including God, has forgotten you. That is a lie and not the truth that God speaks of.
Believe and call out to Him....
He will hear...
He will comfort...
He will strengthen....
He will be there.....

God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...