Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Don't Understand Sometimes

God's ways are definitely higher than mine, as are his thoughts. That being the case, I spend too much time trying to figure out God and what he is doing. I once heard a man make the statement that, "God created logic so he could act outside of it." The older I get the more I believe this statement. The statement is not saying that God's ways and thoughts are foolish or are the opposite of the way you and I would go about life here on this planet. It just means that sometimes God does things that we really don't see or understand. Sometimes we even attribute what God is doing to "bad luck". I found this to be true in a scripture I was reading last night.

Exodus 14 -- Israel has been led out of Egypt, they have marched into the wilderness and unknown to them, Pharaoh has had a change of heart. Pharaoh now calls for the military to start an operation to wipe the Israelites out. At the beginning of chapter 14 God is talking to Moses. He gives Moses specific instructions on where he wants Israel to set up camp. The Red Sea will be at their backs and the wilderness before them. Truth be known, God has set up Israel so that Pharaoh will consider them trapped and therefore be easy prey for his military.

God goes on to say that He (God) will gain honor and glory over Pharaoh and the Egyptians shall know that he, God, is the Lord. To the Israelites, when Pharaoh shows up, it kind of hard to see God's hand in all of this. All they knew was that the Red Sea was behind them and Pharaoh's hard-charging-boys were coming straight for them. In the eyes of Israel, there is no way out. No where to run, no where to hide........surrender wasn't even an option because Pharaoh was about to take prisoners. You see, sometimes God puts us in situations where it appears to be hopeless and destruction is imminent. God (if we truly trust him) is in control. Maybe these are the times where we do learn to trust him. When we have no options and no suggestions and we simply fall on him and declare his ways higher than ours.

This is the place I want to be in. Where I trust God without fail, no matter what is in front or behind me. No matter what the future holds or the past has held, I trust God. That is the place of peace and the place where we will see God as we have never seen him before. So if you situation seems hopeless and you feel like Pharaoh's army is fast upon you, wait for God and listen for what he says to do. Then do it. If you read on in Exodus 14, you'll see that God actually commanded the Israelites to move forward toward the sea before it had actually parted. I think that is called faith. To strike out to a place and the "sea hasn't parted yet" for you. God is an on time God...when the Israelites came to the sea, Moses had stretched out his rod and the sea had parted. The cool part in all of this was that God told Moses and the people that after today they would no longer see the threat of Egypt. God, once and for all, dealt with the enemy of Israel and God will deal with your enemy also.
Trust God today.....
Check out Exodus 14 for yourself...
God on you..........
mb

1 comment:

Amanda Miller said...

Hello. I am new follower to your blog. I have recently started my own new blog and would love to have you check it out and let me know what you think.

Please check me out at

http://who-are-we-2010.blogspot.com/

I want to inspire others to think independently and freely. I welcome comments that you might have and would love for you to share your thoughts with me. I believe fully in freedom of speech so please do not hesitate to tell me if you do not agree with me.

I love that you are a Christian and feel that what is going to make my blog the best that it can be is opinions from a variety of different types of people.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...