Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Intro Part 28


From time to time I think I need to reintroduce myself to
everyone who stops by.
My name is Michael Bynum and I serve as Chaplain/ Spiritual Advisor
and all around "whatever-needs-to-be-done" here at Rapha.
Rapha is a Christ-centered recovery program for men who are trapped in addiction.
I was licensed and ordained through the Association of Vineyard Churches in 1997.
I began full time ministry in 1998.
I served 6 years as a volunteer here at Rapha and came on full time in 2004.
In April of 2006, I left Gadsden Vineyard as Associate Pastor and began a Sunday morning service here at Rapha.
In May of 2008 we moved the service to Saturday night.
Why?
Because for what ever reason, I was made to host a church service at night.
It just works better for me.
We began a Recovery Service in August of 1999 called HOUSE OF BLUE.
We met every Saturday night and attracted a wide following of people who found life there at the meeting.
I was given a verse that truly summed up my calling to pastor at night.
Psalm 134
Behold, bless the Lord, all you servants of the LORD,
who by night stand in the house of the LORD!
Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD.
The LORD who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion.
So what is our message?
Easy!
Jesus....
Just Jesus....
He broke the penalty and power of sin over us that we might have life (real life or as He called it "Life Abundant".
He reconciled us to God the Father.
He justified us in the Father's sight.
He became the propitiation for our sin (paying the penalty himself to assuage God's rightful anger toward sin).
He sanctified us (set us apart) for his purposes.
He has called us into ever lasting life.
This journey of relationship with Jesus (some call it "being saved" or "born again)
is understood best in the word "worship".
Worship is more than music, more than giving of money or even going to a meeting with others who are believers.
Worship is a lifestyle.
A lifestyle that declares through my every day walking around, going to work, eating and sleeping life that God is the center of my affections.
I live to please him.
To me this is the highest reason and purpose that we possess as believers.
To worship Him.
Everything I am, everything I am called to do flows from this life of Worship of God.
This being the case, I want to learn to be a worshipper.
To express my love for God in everything I do, everything I say and everything I pray.
I appreciate everyone who stops by Greene Street Letters to read what is posted.
I trust that God will give you something that is useful for your life.
I pray that you will be encouraged by something you read.
I pray that you find hope to simply walk out this day in His will.
Thanks!
God on you today....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...