Thursday, February 25, 2010

Keep Focused

Luke 24:25
O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken.

Monday was a day of fear for me.
It was a rational fear. It was just something that appeared.
It affected the way I felt.
It affected the way I went about my business.
It affected the way I viewed God that day.
In other words, the fear clouded my mind and kept me from really pressing in on the truth of God's word.
Fear caused me to measure what was happening around me against the Word of God. Even though I knew the Word to be true, fear told me not to believe it.
The fear finally subsided that evening and on Tuesday I felt much better. My mind and heart were clearer and I felt as though God had let me cross that hurdle.
As I was leaving Rapha Tuesday night, I happen to down load a sermon by Charles H. Spurgeon that was given on August 28th, 1887. One hundred and twenty-three years ago, C.H. Spurgeon stood in a pulpit and spoke the words to a sermon entitled "The Folly Of Unbelief".

I gave no thought to the message except that I might read it and study it at a later date. Last night I got the sermon out and began to pour over it. It was as if Charles Spurgeon had knocked on my front door, came into my house and began to speak directly to me. Not just bits and pieces of this message, but the entire thing resonated within me. God was speaking to me by saying, "What is it going to be? Are you going to continue to follow Me, or are you going to allow distractions and worldly mindsets to draw your attention away?" The more I read, the more I felt put back together. My confession followed about how I had allowed the fear to cause me to doubt, which was followed by a sweet spirit of forgiveness that fell over me. I went to bed that night complete and whole again, but resting in the knowledge that I had to guard myself from falling prey to thoughts and emotions that would seek to draw my attention away from God.

God in his infinite wisdom and grace had used the very thing that sought to destroy me, turned it around and helped me to see clearer and actually strengthened me. Thank you Lord.
I trust that if you are struggling with fear and doubt today, allow God to remove it and strengthen you.

God on you.......
mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

I'm seeking to understand, Sonship. When I focus on the fact I'm not an orphan - I'm a son of the Father,it helps.

Greene Street Letters said...

Isn't that the truth. God's blessings on you and your family.
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...