Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Not What I Want

Cloudy today with a chance of what the weather man calls "winter precipitation." In other words, something is going to fall from the sky, he just isn't sure in what form it will be.
This is such a change from last Saturday. The sun was out and it was 60+ degrees. It was warm and there was such life here in the camp. Men were out walking, some fishing, some just sitting in swings enjoying the weather. I guess the lesson to be learned is to really take it "one day at a time" because you never know when change is going to rear its head.

Doing a word search this morning, I decided to see when the word "faith" first appears in Scripture. Guess where it is? No, go ahead and guess. You'll never get it.
Ready?

Deuteronomy 32:20-- and the word faith isn't even used in a positive manner.
God is speaking: "I will hide My face from them. I will see what their end will be for they are a perverse generation, children in whom is no faith."
Wow! Did you catch that?
An entire generation of people that God calls "children" (I don't think this is a loving term but one that denotes immaturity and rebellion) that hasn't any faith. None. Zero.
A generation that has been witness to God in ways that no other generation ever has and in spite of everything, they have no faith.

I do not want to turn out like that.
I want to "live" by faith (II Corinthians 5:7)
To walk by faith.
To rely solely on God and His directions for my daily walk.
Some say that is pie in the sky thinking.
I say it is realistic when you have come to the sober conclusion that without God, you are hopeless.
Not hopeless in the way the world thinks. There are people out there who, in the eyes of society, are very successful and look to all the world that they are in control of their lives. But I know this to be so not right. I know that no matter what our lot in life, whether we are window washers, skid row bums or the CEO of a fortune 500 company, we will all stand before God to give an account of our life. The account comes in the form of "What did you do with Jesus?"
Did you receive Him and His word as Lord and Savior in your life?
Or did you reject Him and take control of your destiny?
Without Jesus in my life..................
My destiny is hell.
Do not pass go...
Do not collect $200.00
Hell.

That is why faith is so important.
You are saved by faith and the grace of God.
You are brought into a new relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ.
Think on these things........

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...