Saturday, February 13, 2010

Something New

If you noticed there is something new on this blog......RADIOWORSHIP
The button to the right of the display window lets you select what type of worship music to listen to. Here are the channels available to you:
Christian EZ / Christian Pop radio / R&B / Contemporary Christian / Country Chapel
Country Christian / Faith Rap / Faith Rock / Our Great Hymns / Praise and Worship
Sacred Psalms / Sweet Sound of Gospel

Push the icon at the bottom of the button to select the channel you would like to listen to.
For me, I've been away from traditional church for a number of years so to go back and listen to large choirs and orchestra's has been a real treat. I find myself tuning in and letting it play while I study or prepare for teachings.
I hope you find this enjoyable and perhaps you'll leave a note letting me know. I do not want it to be a distraction to anyone so if it doesn't workout, I'll remove it.


Psalm 150
Praise God in His sanctuary
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!
Praise Him for His mighty acts
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness
Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet
Praise Him with the lute and harp
Praise Him with the timbrel and dance
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes
Praise Him with loud cymbals
Praise Him with clashing cymbals
Let everything that has breath
Praise the Lord
There is a time and place where we are to pull out all the stop....
To get beyond our own "what are others thinking about me"
and just Praise God!
To get lost in the worship
Focusing on God with everything that is within us.
I know that this is not culturally acceptable in a lot of places.
But it is a behavior that I think we should at least look at.
Notice that it says we should praise God with timbrel (tambourine)
and dance.
Dance?
You got to be kidding me....dancing is from the devil.
Well that is what the devil wants you to think.
If he can keep you from worshipping God then he has won.
I confess that I am clumsiest person ever and for me to dance....
well, that truly would have to be God.
I pray that I can move beyond this and even if it's by myself,
dance before God.
I don't think he'd find it foolish.
Clumsy steps and movements would all be done for him.
I'm just stating that maybe we need to break out of what we find to be comfortable,
and move into areas that God is leading.
That is key...
Listen for what God tells you to do.
Then do it.
This would be a good weekend to practice....
Go for it.
Pull down the shades....
Lock the door....
and just get crazy with God....
You might be surprised.
God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...